Willakenzie Park is a 4.75-acre neighborhood park located in Eugene’s Harlow neighborhood at the historic Willakenzie School site. In 1854 the land became home to the first of four schools that would be located on the property over the next 150 years. Between 1871 and 1883, the Willakenzie area was an important agricultural center producing much of the grains, fruits and vegetables for the surrounding community. The Willakenzie Grange building which still stands today was constructed in 1913 and was the focus of both social and economic life for the local farming community. The building was recently listed as a City of Eugene Historic Landmark. The park features a children’s playground that includes a sand and water play area, picnic tables, and a multi-use path around the perimeter of the park.
|Park Amenities||Natural Area|